As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party, you have the right to know all Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center rules and what we expect of you.
As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party, we ask that you:
• Provide accurate and complete information about the patient’s current healthcare problems, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health.
• Report any condition that puts you at risk, such as allergies, hearing problems, use of recreational or illegal substances.
• Report unexpected changes in the patient’s condition to the healthcare professionals.
• Provide a copy of your Advance Directive, Living Will, POLST form, Durable Power of Attorney for healthcare.
RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION
As a patient, family member, or guardian, we ask that you:
• Recognize and respect the rights of other patients, families, and staff. Threats, violence, or harassment of other patients and Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center staff will not be tolerated.
• Comply with Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center’s “no tobacco” policy. If you have concerns about this, please speak with your care providers.
• Illegal activity on Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center property will be reported to the local police department.
As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party we ask that you:
• Become an active, involved, and informed member of the healthcare team.
• Ask questions if you are concerned about your health or safety or you do not understand.
• Remind all caregivers to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before taking care of you.
• Be informed about your medications and why you are
• Ask all staff to identify themselves.
As a patient you are responsible for your decisions if you refuse care or do not follow care instructions.
As a patient you are responsible for paying for the healthcare that you received as promptly as possible.
As a patient you are expected to follow the care plans suggested by the healthcare professionals. You should work with your healthcare team to develop a plan that you will be able to follow while at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center and after you leave.