Foot and ankle pain or injury can knock you off your feet in a hurry. Northern Light Mercy Hospital can help you get back on track.
This part of our anatomy is extremely complex. Each foot has 26 bones, 33 joints, more than 150 ligaments, and an intricate network of muscles, nerves, and blood vessels. That’s why it takes specialized expertise to diagnose and treat the conditions that can affect it.
Many foot and ankle issues can be resolved with conservative measures such as modifying footwear, bracing, physical therapy, or medication. If these don’t provide relief, surgery may be recommended. Most foot and ankle surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis, so you can have your procedure and go home the same day.
Our providers have extensive experience in foot and ankle care and use both surgical and non-surgical treatments to help relieve painful foot and ankle conditions. Minimally invasive and arthroscopic (small cameras and instruments) procedures are available, along with traditional open incision approaches. Our goal is to get you back on your feet and doing the things you love to do as quickly and safely as possible.
Our foot and ankle specialists care for the full range of foot and ankle issues, from the routine to the complex, including:
- Acute Achilles tendon ruptures and chronic Achilles tendon pain
- Chronic foot and ankle pain, to include arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Chronic pain in the joints or soft tissue of the foot
- Fractures and traumatic injuries to the foot and ankle
- Sports injuries, strains, and tendonitis
- Sprains and ankle instability
- Tendon ruptures and lacerations
- Diabetic Limb Salvage
- Bunion Surgery (Lapiplasty)
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain syndrome)
- Peroneal Tendonitis
- Plantar warts
- Ingrown nails
Diagnostic Ankle Arthroscopy