How to Apply
ERAS application submissions begin on September 1, 2023!
We are listed in ERAS under our sponsoring institution as Eastern Maine Medical Center Program (Specialty: Psychiatry)
We will be recruiting for the class of 2028 beginning this fall. All recruitment interviews will be conducted virtually. We will provide a virtual tour of our beautiful hospital and would be happy to work with you to arrange a site visit to our facility to gain further knowledge for your important decision.
How to apply:
- Please use the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System), which will guide you through all the steps to apply. We are listed in ERAS under our sponsoring institution as Eastern Maine Medical Center Program (Specialty: Psychiatry).
- A completed ERAS application
- Your medical school transcript
- Your medical school Dean's letter
- Three letters of reference
- Your personal statement
- Your picture
- USMLE step 1 or COMLEX level 1 board results, and
- Any other ERAS requirements
We are accepting applications and will begin interviewing candidates beginning November and ending January. We are excited to learn about your passions for psychiatry and value diverse interests and life experiences. We will review your application thoroughly and make an invitation once all required elements are submitted.
The purpose of the interview is to get to know each other. You will meet members of our deeply committed teaching faculty and learn of the many opportunities we have to offer our trainees. Once you receive an invitation to interview we will contact you to arrange your interview schedule. We look forward to meeting you and learning about your interests in a career as a psychiatrist!
For international medical graduates:
We sponsor J1 visas. We prefer clinical experience in the United States and solid passing scores on your ECFMG examination.