Northern Light Mercy Surgery (Portland Surgical Associates)
Northern Light Mercy Surgery, formerly named Portland Surgical Associates, is made up of Maine’s most accomplished surgeons, who made the choice to create a highly specialized surgical practice focused on creating the best possible outcomes and patient experience. Our patients are seen as a whole person, not as an illness. Patients receive 24/7 access to dedicated, highly skilled, board-certified surgeons; a personalized treatment plan that utilizes the most advanced surgical techniques and non-surgical treatments; and private hospital rooms for recovery.
We offer surgeries and procedures for acute problems, including both simple and highly complex hernias, gallbladder disease, bowel obstruction, diverticulitis, and appendicitis. We also provide state of the art surgical treatment for cancers of the digestive system including colorectal cancer and esophageal cancer, as well as skin cancers such as melanoma. Our providers have extensive experience in minimally invasive techniques, which are employed whenever possible.
We also evaluate and treat leg pain due to varicose veins and venous insufficiency. Patients also get easy access to and seamless integration with interventional radiology, our Wound Care program, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
General Surgery Services
Same day visits are available when an urgent need is identified by a primary care or urgent care provider. At Northern Light Surgery, we offer a number of services, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal and groin hernia
- Gallstone and gallbladder disease
- Gastro-esophageal reflux and (hiatal) hernia
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intestinal obstruction
- Ileostomy and colostomy management
- Appendicitis and other surgical emergencies
- Hemorrhoids and anorectal disease
- Cancers of the abdominal organs and digestive tract (including esophageal cancer and colorectal cancer)
- Skin cancers, including melanoma
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Diseases of the liver and spleen
- Skin infection and wounds, including pilonidal cysts
- Lymph node biopsy and removal
- Feeding tube placement
Contact us today to get help with your Northern Light Mercy Surgery (Portland Surgical Associates) needs.
195 Fore River Parkway
Portland, ME 04102-2783
M-T, 8:30-4:30, F, 8:30-4