Unplanned Network Downtime
On Saturday afternoon, February 3, 2024 Northern Light Health discovered that some of our computer servers had been compromised. While none of the affected servers contain patient information, we made the decision to take our patient records systems offline and use downtime procedures during investigation of this incident and any needed repairs.
Patient care is not affected by this downtime and all Northern Light Health hospitals remain open. All Northern Light Health facilities and staff train for network downtime to ensure patient care is not interrupted by system outages.
We are aware that some misinformation has circulated about this situation. Much of this information is incorrect.
- At this time, we have no reason to believe any of our patient information has been compromised.
- We have not been contacted by any third party and there is no indication that any of our information is being held for ransom.
- We have full control of our HVAC and security systems.
- We made the decision to take all sensitive information systems offline ourselves, including our electronic health record, out of an abundance of caution while this incident is investigated.
- The incident has been reported to the appropriate authorities.
We will share more information with our patients, staff, and communities as it becomes available. In the meantime, we remain at the ready to deliver great care.