Public Notice: Imaging Retention Policy Change
Beginning November 1, 2023, Northern Light Health will destroy images (including x-rays, mammograms, and CT scans) captured prior to January 1, 2008.
Images taken prior to January 1, 2008 will be destroyed if:
- At the time of the image study, an individual was 18 years or over (and adult) at the time the image was taken.
- An individual, who was under 18 years of age at the time of the study
- has reached 24 years of age, or
- it has been 15 years since the imaging study, whichever date is later.
Please Note: All results
of medical imaging studies will be retained indefinitely.
This includes studies performed at the Northern Light Health hospitals and affiliate hospitals listed below.
Please contact your local hospital’s Medical Imaging department using the number listed with any questions.
- Northern Light AR Gould Hospital (formerly The Aroostook medical Center) 207-768-4000
- Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital (formerly Blue Hill Memorial Hospital) 207-374-3400
- Northern Light CA Dean Hospital (formerly Charles A. Dean Memorial Hospital) 207-695-5200
- Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center 207-973-7000
- Northern Light Inland Hospital 207-861-3000
- Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital (formerly Maine Coast Memorial Hospital) 207-664-5311
- Northern Light Mayo Hospital (formerly Mayo Regional Hospital) 207-564-8401
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital 207-879-3000
- Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital 207-487-4000
- St. Joseph Hospital 207-907-1000
- Millinocket Regional Hospital 207-723-5161
- Penobscot Valley Hospital 207-794-3321