Acadia Behavioral Health Home Organization is a new team-based approach to case management services. Behavioral Health Home is designed to help support clients whose mental health symptoms have interfered with their ability to obtain resources, stabilize crises, cope with daily living, or manage their mental and physical health. As with traditional case management services, clients will be assigned a Case Manager (now called a Home Health Coordinator) to assist them in addressing a variety of needs. However, the client will also have access to a Nurse Care Manager and a Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist. The Behavioral Health Home Team will work closely with the client’s Primary Care Practice and mental health providers to ensure that their medical and mental health treatment is integrated and coordinated to provide for a healthier and more holistic approach to care. Behavioral Health Home is a community-based program that serves those within a 30 minute radius of Acadia Hospital.
Here are just some of the ways Behavioral Health Home can help:
- Assist a client in expressing their own voice and choice with care providers
- Connect with community resources, such as transportation, housing, food, heating assistance
- Assist in the navigation of the health care system to achieve successful care
- Promote optimal safety for the clients they serve
- Promote the utilization of evidence-based practice
- Promote the integration of behavioral change principals
- Facilitate for self-care and self-determination through the tenets of shared decision making, advocacy, and education
- Help a client to learn organization, budgeting, and personal planning
- Help a client to gain independence
- Help a client to obtain employment
- Include family members and supports, when applicable, to ensure a client is adequately supported in their road to recovery
For questions regarding eligibility and to make a referral for Behavioral Health Home, please call the Acadia Access Center at 973-6100 or 1800-640-1211.