Medical Center Launches Community Conversations Series
Bangor, Maine (November 8, 2023) — Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is excited to introduce the first installment of Community Conversations, a new series aimed at engaging the community in discussions about pivotal health-related issues. The series will begin with a discussion about Social Determinants of Health from noon to 1 pm on Tuesday, November 14 at the medical center’s State Street campus.
Laura Lacasse, MPH, MBA, CHES, Community Health Coordinator, will host the inaugural event. The session promises to provide valuable insights into the social factors that influence health outcomes and highlight local efforts to support community well-being.
A distinguished panel of speakers will lead the conversation:
- Doug Cotta, Spiritual Care Coordinator, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Michael Kashey, PATH Program Supervisor, Community Health and Counseling Services
- Laura Lacasse, Community Health Coordinator, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Cat Myatt, Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club of Bangor
- Laura Vinal, Senior Manager of Community Initiatives, Good Shepherd Food Bank
Participants will have the opportunity to explore the roles that community organizations and individuals play in addressing health challenges. The speakers will also introduce attendees to FindHelp.org, an innovative referral tool that connects individuals to local resources.
Northern Light Health is committed to education and community engagement to improve public health. All interested parties may join the event and be part of a conversation that could shape the future of community health initiatives. Members of the media wishing to cover this event should contact Marketing and Communications at 207.973.9530 or email@example.com