At Blue Hill Hospital, we’ve strengthened our primary care services, improved access to specialty care services, and maintained high quality inpatient and skilled nursing care in recent years within our hospital building. Our care teams have provided exceptional care for patients in a facility that was not built for the kind of healthcare we deliver today.
Our hospital building has served us well for nearly a century, but now it is showing its age. Costly repairs are becoming more frequent, and renovating the building is not a practical option.
Keeping Our Promise is our plan for the next century of care in Blue Hill, centered around a new hospital which will serve as a healthcare hub for our community.
The new Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital will be a destination for quality, compassionate, patient-centered care for the Blue Hill Peninsula and beyond. Our vision for healthcare in Blue Hill includes all of the services that our community depends on today, most of which will be provided in a new, state-of-the-art facility that will serve our region’s healthcare needs far into the future:
- Private inpatient rooms for an improved patient and visitor experience with up-to-date technology, private bathrooms with showers, and plenty of space for patients, families, and the care team
- A full-service Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage focused on patient and family privacy and the highest quality care
- Primary care provided in three communities
- The most common specialty care services for the whole family
- Imaging and lab services
- Rehabilitation services, including cardiac rehab
The Keeping Our Promise Campaign
The Keeping Our Promise Campaign will support the development of a new hospital building that will serve as the hub of healthcare in our community for generations to come. With your support, we can celebrate our upcoming centennial by ensuring our next century in a hospital that meets the latest standards of care and provide the experience that patients and families deserve. On behalf of every patient and family that your generosity will touch, thank you for considering a philanthropic commitment to help us keep our promise to our communities for the next century and beyond.
View Our Case for Support