Care when you need it, without an appointment
We now offer on-demand virtual walk-in clinic visits using the My Northern Light Health app. No appointment is required, and you don’t need to be a Northern Light Health patient - you just need to be in the state of Maine.
Virtual walk-in care is available 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Please remember that some health conditions may not be right for virtual assessment or may require in-person follow up. Check our frequently asked questions section for more information.
Need care now?
Coming September 28
If you use our portal app, you can start your appointment there, too.
Call our helpdesk at (833) 217-9640
7 days a week, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
We treat a variety of symptoms and conditions using telehealth, including mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19. Additional symptoms and conditions include:
- Seasonal allergies
- Upper respiratory congestion
- Ear Pain
- Pink eye
- Sinus congestion/sinusitis
- Sore throat
- Vomiting / diarrhea
- Rash/Skin infection or conditions
- UTI/Discomfort when urinating
- Conjunctivitis/other eye conditions
- GI upset
- Dental pain
- Sprain/minor/mild muscular skeletal pain
- Tick bites
- Follow-up of prior in-person visit/Other
For the following conditions, please visit your local emergency room.
- Chest pain or pressure
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Sudden or severe pain
- Coughing/vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, weakness, change in vision, slurred speech, numbness, or other neurological changes
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Changes in mental status, such as confusion
- Assault, physical or sexual abuse, or child abuse
- Obstetrical care
- Mental Health concerns
- Pediatrics < age 4
No sign-up needed.
Services can also be accessed through the Northern Light Health Portal app.
Northern Light Virtual Walk-In Care appointments are available regardless of who your primary care provider or healthcare system is as long as you are in Maine, just like our physical walk-in locations.
- A strong internet connection (or Wi-Fi)
- A noise free environment
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer (desktop or laptop). Make sure you have a front-facing camera and microphone.
- A working email address
Yes, most insurance companies cover virtual visits.
Ask your insurance provider to see if your visit is covered with your specific plan. If you do not have insurance, we offer a self-pay option.
Northern Light Virtual Walk-In Care is staffed by our regular walk-in care providers Northern Light AR Gould Hospital, Northern Light Mercy Hospital, and Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center. You will be able to see where the providers are. You’ll also be able to choose which provider you see, or choose to see the first provider available.
Your Northern Light Health primary care provider will be able to see the notes and outcome of your virtual walk-in care visit. If you need to follow up with them, they will be able to look at your record in the electronic health record system and know what you talked about and any prescriptions you were given.
If your provider is not part of the Northern Light Health system, you can request your patient records be shared with them.