Expertise in anesthesia and pain management for the people of Maine
We know, medical procedures and surgery can be stressful and scary. You’ve probably got a lot of questions. We have the experts and the answers to help put your mind at ease.
Our anesthesiology team is here to help you understand your options and make the best choices for your procedure and for you.
Anesthesia can be accomplished by a single or combination of techniques including general anesthesia, neuraxial anesthesia, regional anesthesia (nerve blocks), or monitored anesthesia care.
The approach that's best for you will depend on your medical condition and the type of surgery you’ll have.
- Anesthesia for Same Day Surgery - When you visit us for same-day surgeries, you can count on safe care under the watchful eyes of our well-trained staff of nurses, anesthesiologists, surgeons, and ancillary staff.
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia - Our comprehensive team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, intensivists, perfusionists, and nursing staff cardiothoracic anesthesiologists provides anesthesia for hundreds of cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures every year.
- Neurosurgical Anesthesia - Our team specializes in the care of patients with conditions of the brain and spine including aneurysms, brain tumors, head and spinal injuries, and neurological procedures.
- Obstetric Anesthesia - We provide 24-hour labor and delivery anesthesia coverage including labor epidurals and cesarean sections. We also provide anesthesia for gynecological procedures, including robotic hysterectomies, with a combination of general, spinal, and epidural techniques.
- Regional Anesthesia - Regional anesthesia can bring tremendous relief if you are suffering from trauma or experiencing pain after joint replacement.
- Pediatric Anesthesia - Our board certified anesthesiologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and nurses experienced in caring for children work in partnership with pediatric intensive care unit and neonatal intensive care unit staff to provide exceptional care to your children.