Work Health’s Occupational Health Specialist team produces quality results for our clients.
- We are mobile. Work Health’s occupational health team provides on-site service, including injury management and treatment
- Work Health offers easy access to telemedicine services
- Our program is backed by Maine’s most expansive integrated healthcare system, Northern Light Health
EXPERIENTIAL OUTCOMES FROM OUR CLIENTS:
- The Occupational Health Specialist program has managed 94% of workplace injuries using only OSHA first aid, preventing occupational provider visits and OSHA recordable injuries
- Reduced orthopedic referral rates up to 77%
- Reduced physical therapy referral rates up to 88%
- Reduced lost-time costs by up to 92%
- Our clients report substantial savings on workers’ compensation insurance premiums
- Occupational health specialists identify injury risks through individualized job observation, provide corrective training and implement preventative programming before an injury occurs
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS DELIVER VALUE
SOLVING LONG-TERM BACK PAIN
Fred (not his real name) had back pain for over two years. Our occupational health specialist came in for on-the-job observation and found the cause was poor posture. Our specialists helped Fred address his postural deficits, making him free from pain, more comfortable at work, with greater endurance. This allowed him to become a more productive, and happy employee.
FIXING THE WORKSTATION FIXED THE PROBLEM
Jane (not her real name either) complained about an inability to rotate her neck and numbness and tingling in her wrists. These happened only during her office work and subsided on her way home. Our occupational health specialist diagnosed and treated a muscle spasm in her neck and shoulder with only first aid. After an ergonomic assessment of Jane’s workstation, we adjusted it to fit her and took away the numbness and tingling. Since that time, Jane hasn’t had any more neck or shoulder spasms.
TAKING AWAY A PAIN IN THE FOOT
Joe came in complaining of foot and ankle pain from being on his feet all day. Our occupational health specialist found the root cause, in Joe’s foot arch. We provided the employee with information and suggestions for boot inserts. Joe’s feet and ankles felt much better, and he has since purchased inserts for all his footwear.
WAKING UP TO NO PAIN
Amelia complained of shoulder pain that she thought came from her working position. Our specialist reviewed her workstation and found that everything was in order with only minor adjustments. So why the pain? Our specialist asked Amelia about her sleeping position. After she demonstrated it, our specialist adjusted her posture and had her replace her pillow. Amelia now wakes and works pain free.