Sebasticook Valley Hospital Golf Tournament a Success!
Golfers gathered on July 30 at JW Parks Golf Course in Pittsfield for the Northern Light Sebasticook Valley 21st Annual Golf Tournament.
Net proceeds raised were more than $30,000 and will go towards educational programs designed to help the hospital recruit and retain the most qualified staff, as well as develop future leaders in healthcare.
“We want to thank our community for their generous support,” said Randy Clark, president. “The success of this fundraising event is possible only because of the many valued sponsors and participants who come together to support our hospital; we are grateful for our friends, neighbors, staff, businesses, and other organizations!”
Since the tournament’s inception in 2001, Sebasticook Valley Hospital has brought in nearly $1,000,000 to directly support projects such as the Women’s Health Center, operating room expansion, emergency services, radiology, courtesy van, 3D mammography, and 3D echocardiogram machine. Last year the funds generated by the tournament allowed the hospital to purchase a new ambulance for the medical transport team.
The hospital honored long-time supporter, Linda Cregnole, with special centerpieces at the event. Linda passed away earlier this year. She had participated in all 20 previous golf tournaments.
Thanks to major sponsors that included Sebasticook Valley Hospital Medical Staff; Nurse Anesthesia of Maine; Puritan; Sebasticook Valley Hospital Auxiliary; and Sebasticook Valley Federal Credit Union, and the many other sponsors, contributors, and volunteers who helped make the tournament happen!
Tournament winners were:
- Low Gross: Steve Henigan, Tom Pollard, Chris Steiner, Jeff Bickford, and Gavin Dugas
- 1st Low Net: Steve Martin, Bradley Martin, Kory Martin, and Nick Martin
- 2nd Low Net: Leslie Corrow, Gary Liimatainen, Paul Williams, Mike Schimpff, and Eric Dugas
- 3rd Low Net: Peter Kohler, James Putnam, Michael Parks, and Terry Palmer
- Closest to Pin – 8th hole: Women: Lynda Childs – Men: Rick Barry
- Closest to Pin – 13th hole: Women: Sara Barry – Men: Peter Kohler
- Longest Drive 3rd hole: Women: Lynn Thornton – Men: Chris Steiner – Seniors: Steve Martin
- Straightest Drive 2nd hole: Kory Martin
For more information about how to support Sebasticook Valley Hospital, please visit the "Give/Make A Gift" on our website or contact the president’s office at 207.487.4016.
Top right of story:
Dr. Robert Schlager, Dr. Krishna Bhatta, and Dr. James Fullwood
Low Gross: Hartley's Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram
- Gavin Dugas, Tom Pollard, Steve Henigan, Jeff Bickford, and Chris Steiner
1st Low Net: Steve Martin, Inc.
- Nick Martin with his son, Breckon; Kory Martin; Steve Martin; and Bradley Martin
2nd Low Net: Kleinschmidt
- Mike Schimpff, Paul Williams, Gary Liimatainen, Leslie Corrow, and Eric Dugas
3rd Low Net
: Eye Care of Maine
- Terry Palmer, Peter Kohler, Michael Parks, and James Putnam
Special centerpieces honoring Linda Cregnole
, long-time supporter who passed away earlier this year