Northern Light Mercy Hospital updates visitation policy
Except for limited exceptions detailed below, visitors are not allowed admittance to any Northern Light Mercy Hospital facility, including both hospitals, primary care, walk-in care, and specialty care practices. Visitors that are allowed under the exceptions listed below must (1) be age 18 years or older, (2) not be exhibiting symptoms of an illness, and (3) wear an approved face mask at all times while in the facility. In response to activity levels and/or space limitations, we reserve the right to ask visitors to leave in order to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Pediatrics: Two parents/guardians at a time.
- Obstetrics: One spouse/birthing partner.
- End of life: Two visitors per day.
- Emergency Department: Visitors are not allowed to wait in the ED. Exceptions will be made for care plan discussions as arranged with the care team or for end of life. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians.
- Outpatient surgery, procedural areas, and ambulatory/diagnostic areas: Adult patients should arrange for drop-off and pick-up unless they need special assistance. Visitors are not allowed to wait in these areas.
- COVID-19 patients: Except for end of life, patients who are PUIs and/or on precautions for COVID-19 are not allowed visitors.
- Extraordinary circumstances: Patients in any care setting who require the assistance of another person for mobility, for decision-making such as durable power of attorney or guardian, or for communicating with care teams may be accompanied by one adult escort. Such necessity to be determined by care providers.