Janyce B. Howard Education Endowment Fund
In 2008, Frederick and Patricia Howard established the Janyce B. Howard Education Endowment in memory and in appreciation for the wonderful care their daughter received at Mercy.
At the age of 24, Janyce Howard was hospitalized at Northern Light Mercy Hospital following a tragic automobile accident. She was a young woman of great humor and caring, and the nurses who cared for her were quintessential “Mercy” in their care and devotion.
Each year, a member of the Mercy clinical staff will be eligible to receive $1,000 to assist with their education while employed at Northern Light Mercy Hospital.
Eligibility and grant guidelines:
- Mercy Hospital or Mercy-located clinical staff (nurse, radiology tech, pulmonary tech, lab tech) who have worked at Mercy for at least 18 months is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must work at least 30 hours per week.
- Funds must be used for continuing education within one year of receiving notification.
- Applications must be sent to the Mercy Hospital Foundation no later than March 31.
- Recipients will be notified by April 30.
- This award may be combined with the current Mercy Educational Assistance program, Policy #9510.03.
Questions? Please contact Madeline Taylor (email@example.com, 207-879-3838).
Click here to complete the Endowment Fund Application Form