Back to School Bash and Vaccination Fair
The new school year is right around the corner, and there’s a lot to think about: school supplies, healthy lunches and snacks, required vaccines, bedtime routines, and more. To help children and families get off to a healthy start, Northern Light Mayo Hospital is holding a Back to School Bash and Vaccination Fair on Thursday, August 11, 2022, from 4:30-6:30 pm on the Mayo Hospital campus in Dover-Foxcroft.
“Success at school begins with a focus on health and wellness,” says Marie Vienneau, FACHE, president, Mayo Hospital. “This includes helping kids stay current with vaccinations, including the COVID-19 vaccine. We welcome children and families to come by to catch up on vaccinations, sign up for a door prize, and check out the games and activities.”
The Back to School Bash will feature:
- Drawings – LL Bean backpacks stuffed with school supplies (30 winners), bicycles, water bottles, gift cards, and more.
- Vaccines – COVID-19 vaccines for school-age kids and siblings six months of age and older. Vaccines required for school will also be available (please bring immunization record).
- Games and activities – Giant inflatable slide, face painting, cornhole, and more.
- Healthy tips for home and school – Start the school year off healthy and well.
- Ice cream treats and healthy snacks.
Upon entry, kids will receive a punch card to bring to the stations at the event to qualify for the drawings. Parking for the event will be on site at Mayo Hospital located at 897 W Main Street in Dover-Foxcroft.
There is no cost to attend.