Volunteer at Northern Light Inland Hospital
Community members working together as partners
Each year adults and students donate hundreds of volunteer hours to Inland Hospital. Men, women, young adults and teens give generously of their time and talents to help us further our mission “to care for and serve our community” and be part of our culture of excellent service and quality.
Some volunteers work in areas with direct contact with patients and families; others are involved in "behind the scenes" activities which enhance the care provided by the hospital and our medical practices.
Volunteers share a common bond, to give back to their community by donating their services to Northern Light Inland Hospital.
What we look for in a volunteer
- First, you should sincerely want to volunteer.
- Adult volunteers who are 18 years of age or older.
- Junior volunteers must be at least 13 years or older.
- Summer program: July and August
- Some after school opportunities
- We look for people who are responsible, dependable and will uphold Inland Hospital’s Standards of Personal Conduct, and share our values.
- We want people with great customer service skills.
- We look for people with a good sense of humor and have a heart to serve their community.
Here are a few areas where volunteers can serve
- Information Desk – Main Entrance and Medical Arts Building
- Gift Shop
- Business Office
- Day Surgery
- Pet Therapy
- Office Support
- Business Office
- Medical Records
- Materials Management
- Central Billing Office
- Food and Nutrition
- Community Relations
- Inland Family Care -Unity – Rehab Services
The staff, patients and visitors of Inland Hospital are grateful for the assistance that our dedicated volunteers give to our organization. Volunteers benefit too!
- Make friends and meet new people
- Gain the satisfaction that comes from giving to your community
- Gain work experience
- Receive invitations to all hospital social events
- Participate in Recognition awards and events
- Receive a free lunch for four hours or more of volunteering per day
- Receive a free flu shot
- Free gym memberships
Here’s how to apply to be a volunteer:
Maggie Simpson, Director of Volunteer Services
Northern Light Inland Hospital
200 Kennedy Memorial Drive
Waterville, ME 04901
- Or fax your completed application to 207-861-3226
- Or drop your application off at the Information Desk - Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm
For more information, contact Maggie Simpson, director of Volunteer Services, at 207-861-3325 or email@example.com