Patients & Visitors

Patients & Visitors - Sub Menu

Common Questions

I am interested in Medical Radiography, what do I have to do?

The Radiology program is held at Eastern Maine Community College with clinical training at Eastern Maine Medical Center. A very strong background in math and science is imperative. The program runs...

Read More

If I want to be a nurse, what do I have to take for courses in high school?

You will need the basic science courses, like chemistry, chemistry lab, biology, and Algebra 1. All courses will help prepare you for the science courses you will take in nursing school. ...

Read More

What do I have to do to job shadow a nurse?

At Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, we love to share our enthusiasm about what we do! If you are considering a rewarding career in nursing, we offer opportunities to shadow experienced...

Read More

What do I need to take an ACLS or PALS course?

Proof of a current ACLS or current PALS and a current BLS Healthcare Provider Card are prerequisites. This course is designed for healthcare providers involved in the treatment of...

Read More