Safety is our top priority
While the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, many people have postponed needed care in order to stay home to avoid contracting or spreading the virus. We want to assure you that our hospitals and care centers are safe, and we encourage you not to postpone treatment when you need it, especially in an emergency.
As we begin to see patients for care that was delayed due to COVID-19, we’ve taken significant steps to keep our employees, patients, and visitors safe. We invite you to read about these measures below and reach out to your health care provider’s office with any questions. We are here to help.
A SAFE CARE ENVIRONMENT
- Separate COVID-19 screening and assessment sites: To provide the safest care to all patients, separate locations for COVID-19 assessments and treatment have been established. Telehealth appointments are also being offered to patients with respiratory concerns. Ensuring there are offsite and virtual options for COVID-19 care ensures that medical practices can continue to see patients in the safest environment possible.
- Screening process at all facilities: Everyone who enters Northern Light Health facilities will be screened for symptoms. As an added layer of protection, temperature checks using touch free thermometers are being conducted during the screening process. Those who answer positively to a screening question or have a temperature above 100.4 will be directed away from the facility and referred to the appropriate level of care.
- Universal masking and physical distancing: All Northern Light Health employees—clinical and non-clinical—are required to wear a face mask at all times while at work. Patients and visitors are also required to wear a face covering. Patients without a face covering will be provided a mask during the screening process to wear while within NLH facilities. Additionally, patients will be asked to maintain physical distancing, and scheduling of patients as well as the layout of reception areas are being changed to accommodate it.
- Visitor policy: No visitors are allowed at Northern Light Health hospitals and other facilities, including primary care and specialty care centers, with limited exceptions.
NEW WAYS TO ACCESS CARE
- Care at home through telehealth: From primary care to specialty care, telehealth visits are a convenient way for you to get the care and guidance you need without leaving home. During a telehealth visit, using your phone, tablet, or computer, you and your provider can accomplish much of what you would be able to do in a typical office visit, including addressing medical issues, diagnoses, symptoms, prescriptions, and more. Please visit NorthernLightHealth.org/Telehealth to learn more, or call your health care provider’s office to discuss the telehealth options available to you.
- Online patient portal: Visit MyNorthernLightHealth.org for secure 24/7 access to your patient portal, where you can manage your appointments, request prescription refills, and send secure messages to your health care team.