Joint Replacement Surgery
Making the decision to have your hip or knee replaced can be a scary thing. But with Maine’s leading joint replacement surgeons as part of Mercy’s highly trained medical team, you can be confident that you will be well on your way to a fuller more active life without worry.
A free preoperative education program, Get Ready for Joint Replacement Surgery, will help you and your family learn how to best prepare for your surgery and learn what to expect before, during, and after. View the current program schedule.
- An educational guidebook with information on what you can do to speed your recovery, such as preparing your home, the equipment you will need after your surgery, strengthening exercises, precautions to be aware of after your surgery, and continuing care options such as home health services.
- The latest surgical technologies (including minimally invasive procedures) performed by Maine’s premier joint (hip and knee) replacement orthopedic surgeons.
- A standardized approach to your treatment so that you are assured the best care throughout your joint replacement experience.
- Access to a nurse care manager to help you arrange home health care or, if necessary, select an appropriate extended care facility.
- An exceptional nursing and rehabilitation staff known for their compassion and quality of care.
- Convenient outpatient rehabilitation services with highly skilled physical and occupational therapists for your pre- and postoperative needs
- Affordable lodging at Mercy’s Gary’s House.
If you have any questions, please call our Joint Replacement Program at 207-553-6588.