General Visitor Guidelines
- Visitors may not use tobacco products on hospital property.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- We encourage no more than two visitors at one time.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Children visiting must be supervised.
Responsibilities Regarding Preventing the Spread of Infection
Patients and visitors can be active participants in the prevention of the spread of infection so that all patients and staff can maintain a healthy environment. The most important way to prevent infection and its spread is handwashing
. Hands should be washed before and after patient contact, after using the bathroom, after handling contaminated items, before eating, and before preparing food for someone else to eat. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.