No Visitor Policy
Effective March 16, 2020 we are restricting visitations within Northern Light Inland Hospital. All routine visits are being suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is no longer a threat to our patients, staff, and community. Our patient care philosophy depends greatly on engaging families to be part of the healing process. However, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we must take extra steps to protect our patients, staff, visitors, and the community.
The decision to restrict visitors was difficult and made only after careful consideration as we witness schools, houses of worship, and other venues restrict gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. In these
cases, visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below. Please note, in all cases a visitor will only be allowed if they do not have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). Additionally, children under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- Nursery patients may have one birth parent plus one significant other who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
- Patients who have an appointment at an Inland hospital-based clinic, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Department, may have one person with them.
Visitors allowed must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the Hospital.
Please note that visitors will not be allowed for patients with a pending or positive COVID-19 test.
We appreciate your understanding. Our goal is to protect your loved ones, all patients, and our staff.