Northern Light Home Care & Hospice Offering Visitors a Convenient Prescreening Tool
This is a tool that you can access on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can answer our screening questions ahead of time, prior to arriving at the hospital or clinical office. (No personal health information is captured; the web browser acts only as a calculator showing the results based on the answers you provide.)
- Saves you time when you arrive for your appointment or visit.
- Avoids you having to answer questions that can be uncomfortable in front of others in line.
- Allows you to know ahead of time if there will be an issue with you entering the facility.
How to Use
- Go to covid.northernlighthealth.org/covidcheck by typing this address into your browser or scanning the QR code provided.
- Select the “Patient/Visitor” box on the screen.
- Answer a question regarding symptoms you may be experiencing.
- Answer a question about any contact with suspected or confirmed persons with COVID.
- Next steps based on your answers:
- Answering no to the questions will display a green screen, which is good for up to four hours if you don’t exit the page. Simply show the green screen to the person screening you when you arrive. Instead of answering the questions, you will just need your temperature taken.
Answering yes to either question will bring you to a red screen. In this case, you will not be admitted to the facility, so please stay home and self-isolate. You can contact your primary care provider or the statewide COVID screening number (844-489-1822) to ask about your symptoms.
Saving to Your Phone for Easy Access
While this is not an app that you can download to your phone, you can save the website to your phone so you can access it with one click on future visits. Simply do the following:
iPhone Users – While at the website, click on the box with an up arrow at the bottom of your screen. Pick the “Add to Home Screen” option.
Android Users – While at the website, click on the three dots at the top right of your screen. Pick the “Add to Home Screen” option.
This site is now added to your phone, and you just need to click on it as you would an app to access it for prescreening whenever you are coming to one of our facilities.