IRA Charitable Rollover
Giving has Benefits
Experience tax benefits and support your local hospital or home health organization with the IRA Charitable Rollover.
If you’re 70½ or older, you can make a gift from your IRA to your local Northern Light Health hospital or Northern Light Home Care & Hospice without having to pay income taxes on your donation (up to $100,000).
Benefits of an IRA gift:
- Help patients right away. A gift of $5,000 or $10,000 can make a big difference. A larger gift can do even more.
- Reduce your taxable income.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution for the year.
- Avoid taxes on gifts of any amount up to $100,000.
How it works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA.
- You must be 70½ at the time you make the gift.
- Please note: IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Tell us if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Would you like to learn more about making an IRA rollover gift to your local hospital or home health organization? We can help. Call us at 207.973.5055.
This information is not intended as tax, legal, or financial advice. Please consult your personal financial advisor for more information.