Welcoming a baby into the family is one of the most significant events of our lives. At Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, we understand this, and strive to provide compassionate and exceptional care throughout your pregnancy and your childbirth experience.
Our highly trained, professional nursing staff, physicians, and certified nurse midwives believe in a family-centered approach and shared decision-making while respecting the individual needs of our patients and their families.
Our maternity team works closely with other hospital personnel and expert practitioners to ensure a comprehensive and best practice approach to care for you and your new baby in our recently renovated facility, thereby affording privacy and comfort throughout your hospital stay.
Lactation consultation services
- State-of-the-art, private rooms with comfortable sleeping accommodations and shower amenities.
- Telemetry for fetal heart monitoring so mothers in early labor can walk around the unit.
- Two dedicated operating rooms within the Labor and Delivery unit.
- A wide range of providers to manage your obstetrical and newborn care.
- Anesthesiologist on-site, 24 hours daily.
- High-risk obstetrics and antepartum care (maternal fetal medicine experts) that specialize in pregnancy issues/challenges by providing advanced medical care and services.
- Adjacent to our maternity unit is a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that has 29 single family rooms.
Our nursing team and the international certified lactation consultants are on hand to provide support and personalized care as you begin to breastfeed your baby.
We provide a variety of classes and support groups such as childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, postpartum depression, infant massage, and more.
Virtual Tour of Maternity Services