Our Mission and Values
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center strives to provide exceptional primary and specialty healthcare with a passionate pursuit of excellence in patient safety, clinical quality, and service. Our mission is to care for patients, families, communities, and one another.
Guided by the communities we serve, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center will inspire confidence among our patients and peers, setting the standard for exceptional, affordable care. Unparalleled safety, clinical quality, and service will be our hallmark, with consideration for each individual.
- Respect for the individuality and dignity of patients, families, physicians, employees, volunteers and regional healthcare partners;
- Compassion that recalls and supports the most basic motivators in healthcare—to care, to cure when possible, to comfort, and to do no harm;
- Commitment to promoting a workforce empowered to ensure the safest, most effective care possible, and fostering realization of employees’ full professional potential;
- Quality health services that are safe, effective, affordable and constantly improving;
- Integrity that drives the highest standards of behavior and a disciplined approach to doing the right thing for the right reasons for each patient;
- Responsibility for meeting the healthcare needs of the region in collaboration with other providers, anticipating future requirements, and advocating for access to vital healthcare in the region;
- Innovation that reflects an active and creative learning environment, supports research and education and secures access for the residents of our region to the most modern techniques and technologies.