About Us For Visitors
Visits from family and friends are an important part of the recovery process for patients. General visiting hours are 5 am to 8 pm daily, although some areas of the hospital have different policies regarding visitors depending on patient's special needs.
After monitoring influenza across the country, the CDC indicated recently that the flu is indeed widespread. In response, on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center will implement temporary precautions for patients, visitors, and staff.
ALL YEAR LONG
DURING FLU SEASON
- Visitors are limited to two per patient.
- In Critical Care areas, visitors must be 12 years or older.
Everyone is being asked to help prevent the spread of germs by:
- Visitors must be 12 years or older.
- Visitors must be free of flu-like symptoms and not have had any exposure to people with fever, cough, chills, etc.
- If more than two visitors are waiting to see a patient, they may take a seat in the main lobby or in The Maine Café.
- Wearing a mask if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, or if you have been exposed to someone with these symptoms.
- Cleaning your hands using hand sanitizer or with soap and water when entering the building, during your visit, and when leaving the facility.
- Covering your cough with a tissue or using the crook of an arm, and then cleaning your hands.
- Staying home if you are not feeling well.
Thank you for respecting our policy and committing to keeping us all safe.
Our visitor policy proactively protects our patients, visitors, and staff.
Please check with a nurse or with our information desk if you have questions.
Please be aware the patients have a right to request a restricted status. If a patient makes this request, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center may not confirm the patient's presence in our facility, or accept mail, flowers, or phone calls on his or her behalf.
Out of town visitors may want to consider staying at the Riverside Inn
. The Inn is adjacent to the Medical Center and offers discounts to patrons who are visiting patients in the hospital.