We're back providing safe, on-site programming
for the 2020-2021 school year!
Contact our Behavioral Health Resource Center at 207.973.6048.
We are excited to welcome kids(and their masks) to our new AcadiaHospital home in the Pavilion. This spacious area is secluded fromother hospital programs/units, and allows us to physically distance and deliver the safest care to our patients. Our team has been extensively trained in infection prevention protocols and is ready to welcome our patients back!
Pediatric Day Treatment is a highly-structured program that is facilitated by trained professionals and offers patients:
- Highly interactive group therapy
- Individual and family therapy
- MedicationManagement services for all participants
- Adventure-based curriculumwith a focus on getting outside into nature
- Occupational therapy (group or individual for those who qualify)
- Care coordination services (for those eligible and interested)
The best fit
Acadia has treatment options for
- Kids experiencing increases in anxiety, changes in mood, frustration and anger, stress, or are more withdrawn
- Kids struggling with sudden changes of routine and loss of normality
- Kids in need of peer support, structure, and consistency
- Kids whose services through community based programs have changed or ended
- On-site programming for full weeks or to support hybrid learning schedules
- Hybrid options to access our program from anywhere in Maine
- Structured support during the day, Monday - Friday
- On-site education program provided by the Bangor School Department
- Social interaction with peers
- Access to family services
What you'll need
For participation in the program:
- Reliable transportation to and from the program. Need help? Our team will assist in setting up transportation services for eligible youth.
For remote participants:
- Accessto a reliable internet connection and video device such as a smart phone, tablet, or computer
- An openmind and desire to try new and exciting activities
Referrals: Behavioral Health Resource Center: 207.973.6048