This is an independent, collaborative position responsible for supporting the strategic sourcing and contracting process aimed at reducing clinical and non-clinical non-labor expense. This position reports to Director of Sourcing and Contracting and is responsible for managing assigned contracts and cost-reduction initiatives. This individual will be accountable for partnering with various stakeholders and supporting sourcing initiatives that achieve value, support business strategies and improve performance and quality. The individual will provide leadership to collaborative teams and department representatives engaged in contract sourcing initiatives and the value analysis process. Upon completion of agreements Strategic Sourcing and Contract Manager will work with the Supply Chain Analytics team to verify negotiated compliance to ensure value and service are achieved.
Education and Experience:
•BA/BS degree required specialization in Business, Supply Chain Management or other quantitative discipline required.
•Experience working in Lawson or similar ERP environment preferred.
•Medical sales experience and/or medical product knowledge preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Minimum of 3 years of Contract Management work including sourcing and negotiating preferably in a hospital/IDN environment supported by Lawson or similar ERP.
•Experience has demonstrated strong negotiations skills.
•Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strong project management skills, strong customer intake skills, strong professional relationship skills, and the ability to manage a large volume of work in a fast paced environment.
•Deliverable- focused, strong work ethic.
•Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
•Knowledge of contracting law, governing regulations and sourcing principles and practices.
•Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft excel, word, powerpoint and databases, to interpret, communicate, and present information in clear, concise, and understandable manner.
•Detail oriented and highly organized.
•Ability to establish and maintain productive and positive working relationships with all stakeholders and external suppliers. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
•Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Manages and fosters collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and teammates.
- Punctual and willing to work long hours to meet deadlines.
- Reviews current and existing contracts to identify contract expirations and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders(s) to determine contract renewal disposition.
- Research market trends and stakeholder requirements to source, select and partner with vendors
- Partners with customers and teams to ensure full understanding of customer needs to delivery outstanding customer service
- Meets deadlines and responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Serves on and/or lead assigned Value Analysis or other committees to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors RFP/RFI process for in accordance with EMHS policy and procedures.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Arranges performance reviews with key suppliers to evaluate supplier performance and develop action plans to resolve issues.
- Responsible for mitigating contractual risks, ensuring that contracts are written in compliance with applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
- Utilizes tools (e.g. spend analytics, technology assessment, quote analysis and market insight) to maintain knowledge of market landscape and customer challenges.
- Adheres to all EMHS policies and procedures, with specific attention for compliance relating to sourcing and contracting activities
- Tracks projects using internal tool on a weekly basis and meets project deadlines.
- Responsible for negotiation, initiation, and composition of supplier agreements and contracts as a fiduciary agent and steward of our healthcare systems' resources, including effective management of contractual related risks.
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Manages spend by category (Category Management) for commodities used by multiple service lines and provider organizations. Manages total value of goods, service and outcomes.
- Conducts opportunity assessments to identify savings and/or cost avoidance opportunities Manages supplier relationships, works with Business Analytics staff to analyze supplier-spend data and process metrics to proactively recommend improvements.
- Meets established KPI's, to include contract compliance and savings targets
- Proactively identifies and acts on savings opportunities using the supply chain value analysis process.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
- Seeks opportunities to develop skills so as to enhance service to assigned customers.
- Proactively seeks to assist teammates with projects.
Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
Preceptor to new employees.
- Information Technology experience and/or knowledge preferred. Will serve as lead for IT RFP/RFI process and negotiations of business terms of the contract/purchase
- Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time, and only brief periods of standing and walking.
- Requires the ability to travel to member organizations as needed
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the essential duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all essential duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.