||Job Summary: The Pediatric Cardiology Office Nurse/RN provides outpatient, age-appropriate care and teaching to pediatric patients and families as well as adult patients. Education/Experience Requirements:· Maine RN license· BLS · 3 years nursing experience· IV certification or willing to become certifiedEducation/Experience Preferred:· Previous Cardiac experience preferred. · PALS preferred. · EKG experience desired.The Office Nurse/RN at Pediatric Cardiology duties to include, but not limited to:
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Documentation of all aspects of the nursing service according to hospital and practice standards.
- Performing and documenting results of point of care testing and appropriate interventions and pulse oximetry performed per practice guidelines. Performs telephone triage, scheduling and prescription refills.
- Performs and documents results of point of care testing and appropriate interventions, EKG's, wound dressings are performed and documented per practice guidelines
- Performing appropriate patient teaching, explanation of test results, medication side effects, medication reactions and dosages.
- Performing ongoing patient assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care by effectively implementing the care and teaching plan in collaboration with provider.
- Recognizing and responding appropriately to emergency situations, including making appropriate calls, directing traffic and obtaining equipment.
- Providing patients and/or families with education appropriate to identified needs according to standard and documents into the patient's record.
- Counseling patients/families to care for or cope with his/her condition.
- Instructing patients/families for self care regarding dressing changes, medications, urine or blood testing, dietary, and counseling, B/P checks.