||Position is located in Fort Fairfield
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: Cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition for the benefit of patients,visitors, and other employees
1. Cleans offices, patient rooms, corridors, public areas, bathrooms and treatments rooms according to Housekeeping policies.
2. Replenishes supplies in dispensers such as paper towels, toilet tissue, and hand soap.
3. Cleans furnishings such as beds, stands, chairs, TV's, telephones, office equipment, stretchers and wheelchairs.
4. Must be able to work with germicidal cleaningd etergents.
5. Cleans blinds and windows.
6. Cleans bathrooms by scouring sinks, toilets,and the like.
7. Washes walls, doors, and vents.
8. Dry mops and damp mops floors.
9. Vacuum carpets.
10. Cleans and makes beds.
11. Must be able and willing to clean isolation rooms according to established guidelines.
12. Properly disposes of trash
13. Handles clean and soiled linens according to procedure
14. Must be able to do high dusting of sills,light fixtures, picture frames and the like.
15. Must be able to follow established safety methods and procedures as outlined in
organizational and department policies.
16. Must be able to attend to page calls, where needed, as needed
17. Must be able to properly cleans and rinse OR Instruments per instruction, as needed
18. Must be able to properly clean OR and Delivery rooms according to policy
19. Must possess the ability to work as a team member
20. Must be able to complete weekly checks of the Pharmaceutical waste boxes in designated area.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned, as needed, as well as in other assignments.
- May be asked to assist in the Laundry or Food Service Department
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: NONE
May be assigned to work the day, evening, or nightshift. Usually assigned to one shift but may need to work a different shift from that assigned, if there is aneed. Must be able to work at least every other weekend and holidays as needed.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
2. No experience required
3. Requiresverbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
4. Should be able to follow oral and written instructions
5. De-escalation and Workplace Violence training will be completed at hire prior to release from orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 1-3 hours/day.
2. Standing. 4-7 hours/day.
3. Walking. 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting. 10-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Infrequently, 1-120 or greater twists/day.
6. Bending. Moderate: 130-480 bends /day.
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1-3 hours/day.
8. Endurance. Moderate energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Moderate deviation.
10. Pinching. Moderate, 130-480 pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. Moderate: 1000-2880/day or more.
12. Manual Dexterity. Gross Dexterity with frequent fine motor movement.
13. Either Handedness. Up to 35% of job cycle.
14. Both Handedness. 60-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight.Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing.Can hear whispered voice at eight (8) feet (FAA class II).
17. Speech.Frequent clear speaking ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Frequent
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 - 80?F.
2. Noise.Frequent exposure to voices, bells, routine noises, and occasional fairly loud
3. WorkingwithOthers. Close association is frequent and compromises a major portion of the job.
4. ConfinedSpacesorCrampedBodyPositions.Work in cramped positions/confined spaces (1hour per week).
5. BodyInjuries. Exposure to circumstances which may cause minor injuries:
superficialcuts, mild blows, sprains, slips, etc.Moderate likelihood of minor
injuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury that could cause deep cuts,
fractures,or permanent disabling injuries.
6. MovingObjects. Slight likelihood of significant injury from moving objects.
7. ToxicConditions. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
8. RoleAmbiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Moderate problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment.Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3. Reading/Comprehension.Must be able to read and comprehend greater than Grade 7 level of instructions.
4. Math/Arithmetic.Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform fractions.
1. ComposureUnderWorkingConditions(including demanding, and/or rude, residents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working relationships with patients, staff, and visitors, and co-workers.
2. CopingSkillsforStressesAssociatedwithIllness,Disability,Dyingand/orDeath. Works around persons, who are or may becomeill, disabled, or dying, on a regular basis.Must possess skills to cope with stresses associated with illness,disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.