||New Grad's Welcome to Apply!GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The staff Radiological Technologist performs radiographic examinations of selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the medical provider with a proper order. The Radiological Technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures with the knowledge and ability to apply a prescribed amount of x-radiation for the purpose of obtaining diagnostic quality radiographs for interpretation by the radiologist.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other work related duties as assigned by up line management in Imaging Services. LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: 1. Appropriate and current State of Maine license/registrations for Radiological Technologist (or license eligible)2. Specialty certifications a plus in areas of CT, etc.3. Current registration by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT(R)). (registry eligible, with state license)AVAILABILITYREQUIREMENTS: Eight hours per day on a rotating schedule with periodic overtime. Must participate in weekend, holiday and on-call rotation as required to meet the department needs in providing Imaging services to our patients. EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:1. High school graduate or GED.2. Satisfactory completion of formal radiological training in an AMA approved program.3. Must have met the requirements for Registry by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT(R)).4. Must be proficient in all aspects of general radiography and radiation protection. Two years experience is preferred but not necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Perform radiographic procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and procedures within standard time frames.
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition and operates equipment according to department and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Prepares and orients patients to the procedure.
- Is cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to co-workers, staff, patients, and visitors.
- Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of radiological technology and participates in continuing education.