Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Job Summary: The Resource Technician provides support to inpatient, Psychiatric Observation Unit(POU) and the Narcotics Treatment Program (NTP) by providing therapeutic care for people with mental illness, substance use disorders, and intellectual disorders. The Resource Technician also supports the facilities, housekeeping, front desk, dietary and Hospital Operators outside of business hours. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED is (Required)
- May have CNA, BHP, MHRT, Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or Master's Degree
- Inpatient/Outpatient safety training and BLS certification is to be obtained prior to independently caring for patients and is to be kept current.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Psychiatric Technician or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Basic computer related skills to send and receive emails, type general correspondence, and enter data into spreadsheets or other software applications.
- Holds one or more of the following positions: Department Safety Representative, MOAB Instructor, Skills Lab Instructor or other equivalent
- May be required to work alternative shift schedules including day, evening, nights and weekends.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital:Northern LightAcadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor,Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, includingconsultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices.Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of abehavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary carepractices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved inmultiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital isthe sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides asubstance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and otheroutpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties.Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLCthat operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern LightAcadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewidehealth delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions thatare leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Healthoffers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals,primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health andhospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.Bangor, Maine is avibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains,and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus ofthe University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor servesas the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor InternationalAirport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.Northern Light Acadia Hospital - The Work We Do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgbo31B4TwY&feature=youtu.be
Northern Light Acadia Hospital - Our Benefits:https://youtu.be/wqce9S_naOI