||** This position supports both Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital& Blue Hill Hospital**Position Summary:The Director of Physician Practices will demonstratetheknowledge, responsibility and accountability for oversight ofPhysician Practices assigned. The Director will work collaboratively with thePractice Managers, Medical Leaders, and the VP, Operations to set and meet orexceed defined objectives for quality, customer service, financial performanceand growth of the practice. She/He will provide liaison services to the medicalstaff, nursing staff, and other hospital staff, and serve as a change agent andconsultant who collaborates with other department leaders and care givers tocontinually refine the patient care delivery process.Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and five years of supervisory experience in a physician officepractice or hospital setting with progressive leadership required.Leadership skills are essential. Demonstrated skills in making decisionswith independent judgment, managing complex projects, and the ability to workeffectively with a variety of staff, managerial and professional personnel.Must have excellent understanding of Physician Practices in both the inpatientand outpatient setting. Must be able to work comfortably with physiciansand physician groups.Responsibilities and Expectations:
Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital:Northern Light MaineCoast Hospital in Ellsworth, Maine is a full-service hospital, serving bothHancock and western Washington Counties. Our 64-bed Maine Coast facilityprovides emergency, primary and specialty care, acute inpatient, diagnostic,and surgical services. At Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital, we dedicateourselves to providing exceptional medical care with the personal touch andconvenience only a community hospital can offer. Maine Coast has earned bothnational and state recognition for patient safety, outcomes, and patientsatisfaction levels. Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital is a member ofNorthern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that israising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to ahealthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range ofproviders and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialtyphysician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, andemergency ground and air transport.The Ellsworthcommunity is a short drive to the scenic Maine coast and is near AcadiaNational Park with mountains and exceptional year-round recreation includinghiking, biking, fishing, hunting, boating, skiing, golf, and more. Ourneighborhoods are safe, friendly, and have outstanding schools. Enjoy the bestof both worlds, practicing at a smaller community hospital in one of the mostbeautiful places in Maine while having the support of a large healthcaresystem.Northern Light BlueHill HospitalNorthern Light Blue Hill Hospital:Northern Light BlueHill Hospital located in Blue Hill, Maine is committed to improving the healthof the communities we serve. Our Blue Hill community is a beautiful place, andthe people who live here deserve the best care possible, as close to home asthey can be. At Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital, we listen to our patients,and we also use community health data, like that collected in our CommunityHealth Needs Assessment, to best serve our communities. Northern Light BlueHill Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewidehealth delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions thatare leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Healthoffers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals,primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health andhospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.The Blue Hillcommunity is nestled on the scenic Maine coast, surrounded by Penobscot Bay,mountains and exceptional year-round recreation including hiking, biking,boating, fishing, skiing, golf, and more. Our neighborhoods are safe andfriendly, have outstanding schools, active libraries, art, culture, richhistory, theater, music, local restaurants, and shops that make this town aunique place to live. We are 40 minutes from Bangor, Maine's third largestcity.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Supervision: Develops and maintains a work environment that fosters employee participation, recognition and respect, such that quality services are provided by a competent and committed staff.
- Operations & Fiscal Management Plans: Organizes and monitors departmental programs and
- Performance Improvement: Related to the areas of responsibility develops a performance improvement plan, implements and maintains relevant performance improvement initiatives consistent with MCH, regulatory, and governmental requirements.
- Physician Liaison Activities: Works collaboratively with Medical Staff and Hospital Leadership to achieve mutual goals for Physician Practices assigned.
- Outcome Management: Responsible for initiating and implementing improvements in clinical and cost outcomes.
- Team Leader: Provides guidance and support to multidisciplinary patient care teams to coordinate and manage care across the continuum.
- Project Management: Responsible for the successful execution of various projects as assigned.
- Enhances knowledge of department and organization by participation in various educational programs.
- Promote open and non-punitive communication between healthcare workers, patients and families regarding clinical and environmental safety.