||Apply by October 4th, 2019 to be considered for the following interview dates: Presque Isle (October 14), Bangor Region (October 15) or Portland (October 18). Interviews will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. Applications received after October 4th, 2019 will be reviewed and scheduled as they are received and positions remain available.We are offering graduate positions to qualified candidates for the following areas:
- Acute Care Unit
- Birthing Unit
- Emergency Department SUMMARY OF MAJOR FUNCTION
The Nursing School New Graduate utilizes the nursing process with supervision/assistance to deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes. Communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes positive image of nursing.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND WORK ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assess patient's condition including physical, psychological, educational, social, spiritual and discharge planning needs. Exercise judgment in setting goals and directing appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals, including consideration for any needed adjustment of care plan and treatments for age/development of patient.
2. Exercise judgment in providing leadership through planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating nursing care of assigned patients, with accountability if such care is not rendered correctly.
3. Excercise judgment in assigning treatment duties to C.N.A. and directing such treatments appropriately, with accountability if such treatments are not rendered correctly. Administer direct care to patients using nursing skills and judgment in accordance with hospital policy and procedures.
4. Document nursing interventions, patient response, effectiveness and complications according to policy and procedure. Communicates information to peers and physicians appropriately and provides concise reports to the RN assuming care. Provides follow through on plan of care.
5. Promote a professional atmosphere on the unit through interactions with all members of the healthcare team. Collaborates with other disciplines. Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, families and visitors while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
6. Demonstrate the ability to adapt and adjust to changes in unit activity (census fluctuation, change in patient acuity) and/or hospital activity (floating to another unit, rotation off shift).
7. Help other partnerships when available and maintains a safe and clean working environment.
8. Contribute to the Performance Improvement of the unit and Patient Care Services Department by performing data collection, monitoring activities and incident investigation when needed. Willingly and actively participate on assigned committee, team or project.
9. Assess personal learning and skill development needs and seeks educational opportunities. Attends educationals. Reads and initials written communications. Attends 75% of staff meetings
10. Is supportive of department and hospital's goals and objectives.
11. Comply with Inland Hospital Hand Hygiene Standards.
12. Adhere to Inland Hospital Standards of Behavior.PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
Exposed to all patient elements including blood/body fluids and other unpleasant elements. At times, long and irregular hours are necessary. Exposure to hazardous substance is, at times, unavoidable. Frequently multiple tasks and patient needs must be addressed in a rapid fashion by prioritizing life-threatening situations and organizing the remainder of the needs.
Daily work involves standing and/or walking over 70% of the time. There is moderate physical effort in positioning, lifting or moving patients of various weights and body shapes, with and without assistance. Vision and hearing acuteness is required at all times. Repeated bending, squatting and stooping is necessary. This incumbent is subject to frustration and fatigue.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Graduate from accredited school of nursing, Authorization to Test must be present prior to start.. Must be fluent and literate in the English language.
Must have, or be eligible to obtain, an active certification or licensure such as CNA, LPN, CST, Pharmacy Tech, or other eligible licensure approved by VP of Nursing. EDUCATION
Graduate from accredited school of nursing.EXPERIENCE
This is an entry level nursing position. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Annual mandatory continuing education requirements
Current working knowledge of nursing process
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.