Apply by October 4th, 2019 to be considered for the following interview dates: Presque Isle (October 14), Bangor Region (October 15) or Portland (October 18). Interviews will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. Applications received after October 4th, 2019 will be reviewed and scheduled as they are received and positions remain available.
Placements available in our Bangor, Ellsworth and Aroostook County (Presque Isle/Fort Kent/Houlton) locations
Nursing School New Graduate & Residency Program
Come join our nursing team! Northern Light Home Care & Hospice!
Why? Northern Light Home Care & Hospice is leading the way for career development in by offering a year-long residency program to support professional development which includes:
A year-long residency program to support professional development
- Group education
- Support group sessions
- Self-study modules
- In-patient rotation if needed for skills
- Preceptor mentoring
- Educational development in Home Health, Population Health, Private Duty, Hospice, Palliative Care, Virtual Assisted Living, Leadership
Ask us about our Forgivable Education Program! Northern Light Home Care & Hospice will provide housing when traveling outside of assigned territory.
Northern Light Home Care & Hospice has a great position for a new graduate registered nurse wanting to make a positive difference in someone's life! You would be responsible for providing skilled nursing services to clients in their homes through assessment, and development and implementation of a plan of care, in consultation with physicians and families. Utilizing the latest information technologies and telecommunication systems, Northern Light Home Care & Hospice provides you with a variety of nursing experiences, ranging from caring for clients with medical/surgical needs as well as caring for clients with hospice and palliative care needs. In addition you would play an integral role in collaborating with other members of the client care team.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current ME license to practice as a registered professional nurse
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Computer proficiency and evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means; ability to make decisions regarding priority of work, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to understand specific instructions
- Valid driver's license with reliable transportation and Northern Light Home Care & Hospice required auto liability insurance.
- Ability to travel in assigned service area, as well as occasionally to South Portland for 2-4 days at a time for in person sessions with other residents.
Come work for an organization that provides clinically excellent, compassionate home based and community care to families in New England. Since 1921, we've been helping families and their loved ones receive care and comfort in their community. We are committed to hiring and retaining staff who want to deliver quality care and make a difference in people's lives. We offer rich benefits and a family friendly working environment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.