||POSITION SUMMARY:The Cardiac Technician will function in the role of ECG, Stress, Device, or Event/Holter, ECP/ABI Technician. The Cardiac Technician is responsible for coordinating the patient flow to obtain requested tracings and vital signs for imaging and non-imaging studies in a fast paced environment. Duties to include, but not limited to:· Orderverification· QualityAssurance of the monitoring and ECG/Stress Testing equipment· Obtainingappropriate tracings following approved policies and protocols.· Properpatient preparation and education which may begin prior to the patient arrival.· Part of aprocedural team. · Treatpatients of all age groups which includes infancy, pediatrics, adults andgeriatrics which requires knowledge of age specific protocols. Work hours: The technician must be flexible to cover a variety of shifts with weekend, holiday and non-restricted call duties required as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School graduate or equivalentMINIMUMEXPERIENCE REQUIRED: · Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Professional and database management skills· BLSCertificationPREFERREDEXPERIENCE:· Two years office experience in a healthcare setting· Cardiac,Device or Stress Technician: Prior ECG Experience· Holter/EventTechnician: Prior Telemetry Experience· ECP (Enhanced counter-pulsation)/ABI (Ankle brachial index): Prior ECG ExperienceOTHER SKILLSREQUIRED: · Ability to relate well with people and to work effectively with technical and medical staff, patients and families· CardiacTechnicians except those working in the role Event/Holter Technician: Must complete an ECG competency within one month · CardiacTechnicians: All roles must complete the Basic ECG Interpretation Course within 6 months of date of hire.· Strong communication, organizational, computer, telephone and multi-tasking skills
Excellent customer service skills· Mathematical skills: Must be able to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.· Flexibility
• Must possess the degree to total body strength andflexibility necessary to move equipment and assist and transport patients. Mustbe able to assist patients with limited mobility or those requiring total care.
• Must be able to reach items on the floor, and to reach objects over head to a height of 5 feet above ground level and reach across a stretcher to adistance of 25 inches.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs. to a height of 3 feet above ground level
• Must be able to stand 85% of the time, averaging 3 miles of walking per 8-hour shift
• Manual dexterity is required to manipulate large/small objects, use computer keyboard and to operate equipmentWORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• Exposure to ionizing radiation, potentially hazardous materials, blood and high risk body fluids and patients with communicable diseases.
• Indoor work 100% of the time, in varying light conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.