||JOB SUMMARY: The Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for performing age appropriate diagnostic-quality echocardiographic studies in an inpatient and outpatient environment; Uses Ultrasound to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data; Collaborate professionally and effectively with members of the interdisciplinary care team, providing safe, quality, efficient patient care across the lifespan, with particular attention to the patient's age-related cognitive, emotional, physical, and functional needsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 year allied health education program that is patient care related or Bachelor's degree.
- Pediatric echo experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology, congenital and acquired heart disease
- Current ARDMS or CCI registered or registry eligible in Pediatric Echocardiography
- Registry eligible candidates to be hired as Sonographer, must apply for the registry within 6 months of hire and be ARDMS registered within 12 months of hire. Upon Registry, Sonographer would be promoted to Registered Sonographer position. Wages will be commensurate with registry status.
- Certification in adult echocardiography in addition to pediatrics is a bonus
- Clinical experience of adequate length to become proficient in the art of Cardiac Sonography.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to meet the physical demands of the practice: lift 10 lbs. with one hand; push and pull heavy computers & equipment on wheels; push wheelchairs/stretchers; lift 25 pounds without assistance; maintain a high volume of stooping, bending, lifting, pulling, reaching and twisting; stretch, reach, and retrieve equipment from carts and shelving and bend to reach equipment placed below knee level; possess upper body strength, agility and lung capacity necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation; Ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to wear protective equipment and to pass respiratory protection fit testing; able to perform various sensory requirements such as visual and color acuity, speech, smell, touch, manual dexterity, fine motor skills and hearing in order to perform job duties accurately; able to physically operate various computer systems.WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Will work with non-ionizing radiation, indoors for 100% of their shift. Must work with video display terminals for up to 85% of a shift. Will work with hazardous materials and equipment. May be exposed to patients with communicable diseases, purulent discharges, secretions, and excretions
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with patients, family members, physicians, healthcare professionals, department staff, students, etc.
- Participation in call coverage required.
- Travel to satellite clinics by ground and air