||POSITION SUMMARY:The Scheduler spends 50% or more of time coordinating patientappointments, including tests, procedures (including surgery) and works closelywith Central Scheduling. Also spendsconsiderable time processing prior authorizations and documenting such. DUTIES TO INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage incoming telephone lines
- Schedule new patient and follow up appointments for multiple providers
- Schedules tests, procedures, referral appointments with scheduling center
- Communicates with patients regarding appointments and instructions for procedures and tests
- Document information in Patient's chart.
- Direct patient contact at check in and check out
- Process insurance prior authorization and document
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Graduate/equivalent of a 2 year program in a medical sciencefield OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Medical terminology course or knowledge of medical terminology through work experience
- 2 years of clinical administrative work experience or graduate of a medical technology program
- 1-2 years' experience with personal computers and frontline customer service
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, walking and stretching,hearing/verbal/visual acuity, ability to keyboard for extended periods of time.WORKING ENVIRONMENT: A busy, oftentimes stressful, ambulatoryfacility providing direct patient care, considerable amount of directpatient/customer contact.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of insurance referrals
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to coordinate schedules for multiple physicians and physician extenders in a fast paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.