This Position Covers Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital and Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
SUMMARY: Experienced fundraising position with primary focus onmajor gift work and capital campaigns and/or service line, and other fundingpriorities as identified by hospital leadership. This position will focus on raising funds forNorthern Light Health and its designated member organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, cultivates, solicit and provide stewardship for major gifts of $10,000 or more. Builds effective relationships with physicians, patients, grateful families, administration, board members, volunteers, community and civic leaders to advance the mission through philanthropy
2.Work in partnershipwith the Foundation leadership to shape and implement strategies for thecultivation and solicitation of major campaign prospects to support hospitalfunding priorities.
- Achieve realistic and quantifiable goals based on mutually agreed upon fundraising metrics that will be the primary performance standards used to measure fundraising success.
- Responsible for meeting established goals for # face-to-face meetings, # of gift solicitations and revenue goals.
- Manage a portfolio of 125-150 donors and prospective donors to strategically advance through moves management and solicitation.
- Keep timely and accurate records of donor and prospect interactions through the Raiser's Edge and NXT database.
- Work closely with philanthropy staff to support signature fundraising events with a focus on cultivating major gift donors and prospects who participate.
- Provide updates to Foundation board, hospital leadership, and hospital foundation council on fundraising initiatives and opportunities.
- Identify and engage new major gift prospects for capital campaigns and other funding priorities as identified by hospital leadership.
- Collaborate with director of prospect strategy and donor relations manager on general and tailored donor stewardship strategies that strengthen relationships with assigned and prospective donors.
11.Maintain highvisibility with the hospital community; remains accessible to community membersas a means of building positive donor relationships and to heighten awareness ofNorthern Light Health and its member organizations.
- Work closely with Foundation colleagues and Community Relations to develop case for support, proposal communications, and stewardship materials needed for major gift and capital campaign fundraising.
- Work closely with Foundation staff and Community Relations to ensure a coordinated message across the member organizations.
14.Promote a culture ofphilanthropy with Northern Light Health internal audiences; build philanthropicawareness through physicians, nursing, clinical and support staff, and maintaina presence throughout the hospital environment.
15.Collaborate withFoundation staff to accomplish the goals and objectives for the Northern LightHealth Foundation.
1.Bachelor'sdegree required; preferred advanced degree in communications, organizationmanagement, health or business.
2. A minimum of five years of dedicated fundraising experience in a variety of roles that represent progressively increased responsibility in leadership and major giving.
3. Possess a demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio ofdonors and donor prospects, moving them through the cycle of giving tosolicitation onto stewardship and sustained and increased giving.
4. Documented outcomes resulting from personal, one-on-one solicitationsfor contributions.
5. Ability to work independentlywithin defined goals and standards.
6. A strong workethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one's work
7. Strong verbaland written skills, well organized, self-directed with ability to meetdeadlines.
8. The ability todeal effectively with physicians and other medical executives is critical
9. Achievementoriented, a good team player, and a successful team builder
10. Ability to workin a dynamic. Fast-paced environment and good at developing relationships bothinternally and externally with the various constituencies
11. Proficient withcomputerized information management in the fundraising setting, includingBlackbaud Raiser's Edge and NXT.
12. Enjoy workingwith people and advancing the mission of healthcare fundraising.
13.Ableto work effectively with people and inspire others to perform at a high levelof efficiency and productivity.
14.Flexiblework schedule to include weekends, evenings and select holidays.
15.Knowledgeablein planned giving and ability to discuss with donors
17.Aworking knowledge of marketing and public relations is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.