||Northern Light Home Care & Hospice is pleased to offer a PAID Home Health Nursing Student Externship Program! This is a 12 week program for nursing students working toward a BSN or ADN.
Join us in our mission to provide clinically excellent, compassionate home health and hospice care to individuals and families in your community!
We have placements available at most Home Care & Hospice locations across the state to include: South Portland, Bangor, Ellsworth and Waterville. Application deadline is February 1, 2019
The Student Nurse Extern is responsible for providing skilled nursing care and personal care to a designated group of patients in their home environment under direction from the Registered Professional Nurse. The incumbent is responsible for performing reasonable and necessary skilled nursing care and personal care in the patient's home under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse. The supervising nurse need not accompany the student nurse on each visit. All documentation requirements must be fulfilled by the student nurse extern.
- A High School graduate or GED equivalency with current enrollment in an accredited school of nursing and will attain senior status in Fall of 2019.
- Certification as a C.N.A. (listed on the Maine State C.N.A. Registry or eligible to obtain)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Demonstrated competency in nursing skills such as (not an exhaustive list): vital sign measurement, pain assessment, cardio-pulmonary assessment, foley catheter care, bowel management and phlebotomy.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means.
- The incumbent must be computer literate.
- Valid driver's license with reliable transportation and Northern Light Home Care & Hospice required auto liability insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.