||Job Summary:The Clinical Nurse Lead is a clinically expert practitioner in the department served. The incumbent is responsible for the practice of nursing according to the Rules and Regulations defined in the State of Maine Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Hospital Standards of Care/Practice, policies and procedures. The Clinical Nurse Lead works closely with the Manager of the unit to maintain clinical practice, quality of care and staff education through coordination of unit based education, development of quality initiatives and participation with competencies and staff orientation. The Clinical Nurse Lead is responsible for the delivery of patient care to assigned patients, when necessary, and for exercising independent judgment in the delegation to and supervision of other qualified staff. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Mercy proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The incumbent is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position, and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Mercy Hospital. Job Requirements:
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- All Clinical Nurse Leads require Current State of Maine RN Licensure, BLS certification.
- Prior experience in a Leadership role preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in OB/GYN/L&D/Newborn/Level 2 Newborn nursing care.
- Certification in Advanced Fetal Monitoring and in Maternal Child Health specialty area is required within one year of hire.
- ACLS and NRP required.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or managerial role preferred. Demonstrated effective teaching and communication skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; decision-making skill; proficient assessment skills; proficient computer skills; auditory and visual skills.