||Job Summary:This position is responsible for performing a variety of daily office functions for a multi-physician hospital outpatient practice. This person serves as an ambassador of Mercy as they act as the liaison between the practice and its patients, visitors, and guests; the incumbent should consistently display a high level of customer service. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Mercy proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards. The incumbent is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position, and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Mercy Hospital.Requirements:A high school diploma or GED is required. Associates degree, applicable certifications, and medical terminology is preferred, Prior or current medical office experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- 2-3 years previous practice experience preferred
- Ability to de-escalate challenging situations
- Knowledge of current healthcare and all insurance plans, prior authorizations, referrals, etc
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record preferred
- Strong computer skills as well as skills in using office equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality