||Brief Job Summary:
- Manages incoming scheduling phone line, as well as clinic and procedural schedules for all GCOM providers
- Schedules new patient, treatment and follow up appointments for multiple healthcare providers working in direct contact with patients/families
- Schedules ancillary services as per physician orders and assembles results for office visit
- May provide coverage in reception capacity
- Collaborates with GCOM staff to ensure that patient scheduling needs are met
- Communicates with patients regarding preparatory instructions prior to procedure(s) to minimize last minute cancellations
Other Skills Required:
- Medical Terminology required.
- Associates degree in Health Information Technology or Medical Secretary College education or the equivalent in work experience and continuing education.
- 2 years in hospital- Inpatient or outpatient setting or private physician practices
Physical Requirements: Sedentary work requiring good manual dexterity, ability to lift charts weighing up to 5 pounds per chart, clear speaking voice, visual acuity, keyboard data entry, prolonged use of video display terminal, use of headphone for conversation.Working Environment: Daily direct and phone contact with patients/families, physicians and other staff. Employee subject to inside environmental conditions. Clean, well-lighted, central heat and air conditioning.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear and effective communication (via phone, email and in person) skills with patients/families, physicians and staff required.
- Computer skills required. (familiarity with computer based scheduling system a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize continuously throughout the day
- Ability to work in a very fast paced and high volume practice environment
- Knowledge of common medical tests/procedures/studies helpful
- Ability to work both independently and as a team, seeking assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of gastroenterology related scheduling requirements as well as procedural preps is highly desired.