The role of this position is for operational support and research for the data analysts, database administrator, manager, and director who service all members in EMHS. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the ongoing monitoring of the expiring document process and demographic maintenance and reporting. Additionally, this role will update the department's portal site, support orientation of new hires, and coordinate agendas and manage actions requiring follow up for all assigned committees.
The Credentialing Operations Support will handle highly sensitive and confidential information, will regularly exercise discretion and judgment, possess excellent administrative skills, is knowledgeable about business and financial matters applicable to the healthcare industry, and will possess verbal and mental acuity consistent with the demands of the job. Strong communication and organizational skills are preferred. In addition this role will serve in support of the department and director with scheduling of meetings and documenting of outcomes. It is critical that this position be highly effective in delivering the services described below and work harmoniously with staff in the various departments across EMHS. Effectiveness will be measured in terms of results, commitment to EMHS and customer satisfaction (at all levels).This position will report directly to the Director of the department.Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.Required Education and Experience
Associates degree...OR high school diploma/GED and four (4) years of relevant experience required.
Experience with Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.Preferred Education and Experience
At least 2 years of medical or legal office experienceProfessional Association: n/aRegulatory Requirements: General knowledge of the medical staff organization and Joint Commission/Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program/National Committee for Quality Assurance standards. State/federal/licensure regulations, particularly as it relates to the credentialing of physicians and allied health professionals – preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent attention to details
• Ability to research and analyze documents.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, data base experience and other computer related skills. Experience with other Microsoft Office products and ECHO credentialing software preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to receive constructive feedback from team
• Must be able to communicate well with a wide variety of contacts at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work cohesively in a team oriented environment and be able to foster good working relationships with others both within and outside the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, work with deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and independent judgment in response to complex sensitive issues and decision-making.
• General understanding of related accreditation and certification requirements.
• General understanding of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
• General understanding of medical staff policies, regulations, and bylaws and the legal environment within which they operate.Supervision Received (ability to act independently)
Reports to the Director of Credentialing and Provider Data Management. Must be an organized "self-starter" requiring little supervision in order to focus on and accomplish tasksOrganizational ImpactTypical Contacts (Internal/External)
All levels of customers (internal and external to EMHS) including peers, leadership, clinical and administrative staff.Physical Requirements
• Works in a normal office environment, requiring the ability to frequently respond to unpredictable situations. Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other healthcare team members. Able to work sitting at work station, using a keyboard, working in front of a video display monitor most of the day.
• Repetitive wrist and hand motion.
• Extended use of telephone.
• The ability to reach and stretch intermittently.
• Moderate walking throughout the facility.
• Lite lifting of files and manuals
• Occasional long and irregular hours
• Must be willing to travel by air and ground.
• Tolerance for frequent interruptions
• Flexibility, dexterity, visual acuity, hearing acuity.
• Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
• Must be able to travel to various EMHS/non-EMHS sites as there may be occasional travel for off-site meetings, education and/or conference(s).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.