||POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the preparation of several functions for the affiliates of EMHS. Functions include assisting with the annual financial statement and benefit plan audits; preparation of the annual tax filings for all not-for-profit entities in the system, pension accounting and benefit plan Form 5500 filings. Other functions include assisting in the preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements, completion of surveys and support to grant accounting. The Financial Analyst will work closely with the Lead Financial Analyst Lead and Financial Analyst - Intermediate to support the needs of the V.P. of Finance, CFO and internal and external clients related to EMHS.To be successful, the individual in this position must:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:A. Financial and Regulatory Reporting
- Be able todemonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company;
- Be able to managemultiple projects and effectively deal with a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Possess and demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills;
- Be knowledgeable of financial reporting standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and other regulatory agencies;
- Be a role model in the delivery of services that are deemed to be superior in the eyes of the customers.
B. Coordination of Tax preparation and annual audit
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of annual Form 990 filings;
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of annual financial statements;
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly and annual surveys;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual consolidated A-133 audit and prepare the supplemental schedules for the A-133 audit report;
- Act as a resource to other accounting teams in the department as needed;
- Assist in various projects and assignments as needed.
C. Staff Development / Professional Development
- Provide assistance to the Lead Financial Analyst and Financial Analyst - Intermediate to assist in the completion of the EMHS tax returns (Forms 990, 990-T and 990PF);
- Perform other financial analysis functions as necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of A-133 annual consolidated audit;
- Implement, maintain, and enhance automated procedures which promote efficiency, and/or provide better service to users;
- Obtain and maintain thorough understanding of Federal and State audit / compliance requirements that pertain to governmental awards – Circular A133 and the Compliance Supplement;
- Monitor grant activity and follow-up with grantors and grantees to ensure timely preparation, submission and draw down of funds;
- Ensure principal investigators, project managers and support staff are properly educated and Federal regulations and internal procedures related to grants and sponsored research.
- Attend local, regional and national conferences/seminars to remain current in the field of this position.
- Uphold and enhance the professional image of the Financial Services Department as a competent and reliable provider of financial services;
- Perform other duties as assigned:
- Provide responsive support to the Lead Financial Analyst, Lead, Financial Analyst - Intermediate and the Director on short notice.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Bachelors degreeand at least three (3) years' related experience or associate's degree and at least seven (7) years' related experience or high school diploma/GED and at least eleven (11) years' related experience.
Lawson software experience desirable;
Possess analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to coordinate the work of others and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) with all levels of management in a multi-corporate structure;
Demonstrated ability to work well with people;
Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing;
Proficient with computerized solutions for general accounting applications and Microsoft Office Products. In particular, must be very proficient with MS Excel;
Flexible and able to react to ever changing priorities;
Committed to the position and EMHS and the needs of customers.