||GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: A Registered Nurse Supervisor in the Nursing Department, under the direction of the DON, will plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care to ensure quality and efficiency of services while maintaining established standards. Facilitates patient activities based on hand off communication/report at the beginning and end of each shift, insuring tests & procedures are completed, and physician is notified of abnormal results. Proactively coordinates admissions/transfer placements to accommodate maximum census and optimal services, with Staffing Matrix guidelines. Is aware and able to resource all nursing Policies & Procedures. Is knowledgeable and proficiently serves as a clinical resource for questions regarding proper patient care. Assists with clinical procedures. He/she must be adequately prepared by experience and training to care for cases ranging in acuity from non-urgent to life threatening and from minor injuries to major trauma. He/she must demonstrate an ability to cope with extreme emergency situations while displaying calm, and demonstrate a recognition of the value and dignity of the individual without regard to the nature of the illness/injury or the circumstances leading to same.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Triage patients according to established guidelines.
- Assess patients physical and psychosocial needs and implement a plan of care to address the needs.
- Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assess patient/significant other education needs and provide instruction as appropriate.
- Participate in department quality improvement activities.
- Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
- Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the TAMC organization.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS:Must be available for weekend and shift assignments.EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPEPRIENCE REQUIREMENTS:1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing2. Successful completion of orientation program for specific area assigned.3. Successful completion of TAMC certification programs as required by employment assignment4. Certificate in CPR5. Good interpersonal skills 6. Basic computer skills preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
- Current Maine Registered Nurse License.