Northern Light Mercy Hospital updates its visitor policy
Northern Light Mercy Hospital is updating its visitation policy to allow adult inpatients one visitor per day for one visit between 8 am and 8 pm. The new policy, which is effective tomorrow, February 11, can be found below:
Effective February 11, 2022, visitors/escorts are not permitted in Northern Light Mercy facilities, except under the following circumstances:
One visitor allowed per day, for one visit. Visitor hours are from 8 am to 8 pm daily.
One support person, plus a doula allowed during labor and delivery, as the patient’s condition allows.
One parent/guardian allowed for pediatric patients provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing.
Ambulatory care and outpatient diagnostic areas:
Pediatric patients may be accompanied by one parent/guardian.
Patients isolated for COVID-19:
No visitors allowed except for compassionate care, to be managed by care team.
Patients requiring special assistance:
Patients in any care setting who need assistance, such as for mobility or communications with the care team about their medical history or care, may be accompanied by one adult escort who provides that assistance or support. Such necessity is to be determined by the care team.
Exceptions may be made for care planning discussions and/or for end of life care. To be determined and managed by the care team.
Outpatient surgery center:
Northern Light Mercy medical practices:
- Pediatric patients: one parent or guardian allowed.
- Adult patients: visitors/escorts not allowed unless special needs are identified (to be determined on an individual basis).
Visitors are not permitted in Northern Light Mercy facilities with the following exceptions:
All visitors and escorts must:
- Pediatrics: Two parents/guardians at a time allowed.
- Patients requiring special assistance: Patients in any care setting who need assistance, such as for mobility or communications with the care team about their medical history or care, may be accompanied by one adult escort who provides that needed assistance or support. Such necessity to be determined by the care team.
- Meet COVID-19 screening criteria for entry into the facility.*
- Perform hand hygiene prior to entering and upon exiting the patient’s room/care area.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from the patient and caregivers (to the degree possible).
- Always wear a facility-issued mask over the nose and mouth while inside the facility, including while inside the patient’s room/care area.
- Refrain from leaving the room/care area of the patient they are visiting. The hospital cafeteria is closed to visitors at this time.
*All visitors are subject to COVID-19 risk screening upon initial entry to a Northern Light Mercy facility. Visitors reporting symptoms of COVID-19 and those who meet Maine CDC criteria for quarantine due to travel or exposure will be denied entry.