Northern Light Mercy Hospital updates visitor policy
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health of its patients, visitors, and staff, Northern Light Mercy Hospital has implemented the following update to its visitation policy, which is effective immediately.
Except for limited exceptions detailed below, visitors are not allowed admittance to any Northern Light Mercy Hospital facility, including both hospitals, primary care, walk-in care, and specialty care. Visitors that are allowed under the exceptions listed below must (1) be age 18 years or older, (2) not be exhibiting symptoms of an illness, and (3) always wear a face covering while in the facility.
Hospital inpatient areas:
- Obstetrics: One spouse or birthing coach.
- Critical Care: Two visitors at a time may visit once per day. Visiting hours will be determined by the care team.
- End of Life: Up to four visitors may visit once per day. Visiting hours will be determined by the care team.
Outpatient surgery and procedural areas: One person who is included in the patient’s care plan.
Emergency department/ancillary/diagnostic areas:
- Escorts will be directed to drop-off and pick-up patients.
- One person is allowed as an escort if the patient (1) requires a guardian present or (2) if the patient requires that person’s assistance with communication. Such necessity will be determined by the care team.
- Pediatrics: One parent/guardian at a time.
Extraordinary circumstances: One person is allowed as an escort, if the patient requires that person’s assistance with mobility, support, or communication with the care team. Such necessity is to be determined by care providers on a case by case basis.