The Story Of Mercy
Northern Light Mercy Hospital carries out the healing work of Christ by providing clinically excellent, compassionate health care for all, with special concern for the poor and disadvantaged.
Reverence for Each Person
- We believe each person is a manifestation of the sacredness of human life.
- We uphold the highest standards of care for our patients’ physical, mental and spiritual needs. And we encourage our associates to do the same in their personal and professional lives.
- We demonstrate our connectedness to each other through inclusive and compassionate relationships.
- We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good.
Commitment to the Poor
- We give priority to those society ignores.
- We care for and strengthen the ministry and all resources entrusted to us.
- We dare to take the risks our faith demands of us.
- We keep our word and are faithful to who we say we are.
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE AND COMPASSIONATE CARE FOR 100 YEARS.
THAT IS THE STORY OF MERCY
Beyond the doors at Northern Light Mercy Hospital and all our locations throughout greater Portland and beyond, is a story of the latest medical technology, utilized by a team of highly skilled doctors, nurses, physician assistants, therapists, and support staff.
Alongside all of this expertise, the story of Mercy is a story of community health care that recognizes each patient as a whole person – body, mind and spirit. A story of quality. A story of compassion. A story of value.
Mercy is a not-for-profit community hospital sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. We are also a member of Northern Light Health, an organization dedicated to partnering with individuals and communities to improve health and well-being by providing high quality, cost effective services.
Established in 1918 by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland and the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospital’s mission has always been to carry out the healing work of Christ by providing compassionate, accessible, clinically excellent health care, especially to the poor and disadvantaged.
All rooms are 100% private, enhancing a speedy recovery and providing a more restful, less stressful stay for our patients.
The Mercy system provides a broad mix of medical, surgical, and outpatient services. In addition, we bring the Mercy difference closer to you and your family through a growing number of family and specialty physician practices and several important community-based programs throughout the region.